[access-uk] Re: TALKING ATOMIC ANALOGUE WATCH

  • From: "Spring Flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:45:37 +0100

hi

when we changed the clocks last week my new clock from cobolt didn't update and i had to do it manually, its one of those that gives the temp outside as well as inside, also, one of my new watches didn't but the other and my older clocks did, all very strange,

i'm on the north wales coast so there's not much but open water between me and cumbria!!

as i said, its the new items i had the problems with, presing the update button on the watch that didn't update didn't make any odds, it just said uk time not updated, had to do that manually as well and then had to wait about two minutes while it reset the hands on the watch, i could hear it clicking though

sorry for waffling

trace

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 9:14 PM
Subject: [access-uk] TALKING ATOMIC ANALOGUE WATCH

Hi all,

We're just checking up whether anyone is able to confirm whether or not the radio time signal sent from Cumbria (we think) is in fact in operation and working well.

We recently changed the battery in Mike's watch and all appeared to go well for a few weeks then, suddenly, a few days back, it stopped updating. We're wondering whether or not a chip has gone in the watch, or if there's a fault with the signal for some reason. We're not aware of anything going on which would block the signal in our area.

If all else fails then I'll just have to change the batteries in our atomic clock and see if that resets. If it receives no signal, that will also become redundant.

Any information which helps us with this would be gratefully received.

--
Carol P