[access-uk] Suggestions wanted.

  • From: chairman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 01:01:49 +0100

Greetings,

I have a Cannon K60 printer/scanner/photocopier/fax with sheet feeder.  I
often want to print odd then even pages, so print the odd ones and the
print comes out facing upwards with the top towards me, so in effect is
upside down.  Therefore, to print even pages, I simply turn the pages round
180 degrees and feed back into the sheet feeder and in theory, the pages
should print.

In effect, this usually happens at least some of the time but often, the
sheet feeder grabs more than a single sheet so pages get missed or only
part printed.

I suspect the problem has two contributary causes, firstly, maybe the print
is not totally dried (the machine is an inkjet), therefore causing the
paper to cling and secondly, maybe the paper is not quite the right kind,
it has a slippery surface and may not be sufficiently absorbent.

I wonder, can anybody suggest the name or names of A4 paper which would
stop this happening?  When I print one side only, to date, have had no such
problems.  I have been using this machine since January 2001, it is on it's
second set of cartridges and otherwise has not been serviced in any way.

All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.