[access-uk] Successful install of Windows XP Pro

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:11:49 +0100

Hello everyone,

thanks to George and Anthony for your help. I am pleased to report Windows XP Pro has been successfully installed on my wife's laptop. During bootup there is an option to boot from the CD, and you are prompted to press any key to activate it. It was necessary to delete the two partitions on the disk so as to format the whole drive. Once windows XP was installed and activated, we installed service Pack 2, which took about twice as long as the Windows install. Everything is now fine.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett