[access-uk] Spyware Guard

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:49:16 -0000

I wonder whether anyone is using Spyware Guard.

As it seemed a good idea to try to prevent malicious objects getting on
the system rather than having to remove them with Ad-aware,
Spybotsd etc., I downloaded and installed Spyware Guard yesterday.
When I open it from its Task Bar Icon I find a list of the three main
components together with a  warning that unless the green check mark
against them is showing they will not be effective although the program
has been run at Start Up.   My screen reader gives no indication of a
check mark, and I can find nothing in the very limited Help system as
to how to enable them.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Douglas

--