[access-uk] Some questions

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access uk'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:14:02 +0200

Hi

I have two questions.

Firstly I have setup a network between my two netbooks using
an Ethernet cable. I want to synchronise my outlook contacts
and pst files and favourites. I already use Karen's
replicator for backing these up to pendrive every night.
Would this work over a network? What is the easiest way for
me to do this?

I have noticed two problems with my netbooks, on this one
when I shut windows down it doesn't turn itself off, and I
have to press the power button, go to the log-on screen and
press turn off and turn off again and this works ok, what is
causing this problem?

Lastly, on my other netbook I have gone to log-on to windows
and a sign comes up and it says that windows is unable to
load the saved profile of this pc, it allows me to press ok,
log-on and then run norton goback and get my profile back,
what is causing this? It has only happened twice and I am
able to load hal and get the pc speaking and run the goback.

Regards

Adrien