[access-uk] Software daisy players

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:26:52 +0100

Hi

I am going to purchase a software DAISY  player for a PC, so I can listen to
my talking books when away from home.  Which player do list members like,
the Dolphin EaseReader or the Victor Reader soft.  I have downloaded a demo
of the victor Reader Soft from the Visuaide web site, and noted that the
jaws and window-eyes support is somewhat flaky. Before I start doing
something about that to customise a screen-reader to behave how I want it
to, I would be interested in reader's comments on the Dolphin product.
Obviously if it provides quite similar functionality, I'll go for that as it
is less expensive.  Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Brian Hartgen

** vacation ## d