[access-uk] Re: Searching for titles available at the NLB by certain Authors

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:33:39 +0100

In fact you don't need to use Revealweb. If you log on to the NLB website
and enter the catalogue you should eventually come to an edit box where you
can enter Francis. Tab to the drop down list and select Author and then tab
to the Submit Search button. This should bring up a page containing various
Francis links. If you tab through this you will find that there are 53 books
by Dick Francis. Press ENTER on the Dick Francis link and all the titles (or
at least the first page of them) should appear.

Despite their many promises of improvement, the NLB catalogue has always
(and still remains) a bit of a beast to use. User friendliness is not the
first phrase that springs to my mind when I use it.

Iain.