[access-uk] STRANGE EVENT WHEN LAUNCHING JFW

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:54:42 +0100

My machine at home is running Jaws V5.1 and Windows XP.  Over the past
few days I've noticed strange happenings.  When I log on to my own
profile and launch JFW with ctrl alt j, a message comes up before the
program is fully launched.  It says something like "Incomplete image in
.ini".  Jaws then launches but windows behaves strangely.  It's almost
as though everything is running one level back.  So when I launch an app
from the desktop I get the properties dialogue and have to close it down
before I can launch the app.  Then, when in Outlook Express, for
example, I can't tab round to the preview pane and when I attempt to
open a message, its properties dialogue comes up and I have to close it
before I can open the message.  It then takes two attempts to delete the
message.  Other strange phenomena include the start menu only flashing
up briefly and then disappearing.  Anyone know what's causing this and
how I can put it right? It seems to have started quite spontaneously.

Cheers now.

Ian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.