[access-uk] Renewing your TV licence online

  • From: "Tracy Lloyd" <tracy_lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:46:47 +0100

I thought some of you might find it useful to know that you can now renew
your concessionary TV licence online with your credit or debit card.  Last
time I had to renew ours at this time last year, you could only renew by
going to the post office and presenting your blind registration certificate.

I renewed ours online last night very easily.  You'll need your licence
number, which you'll find on the renewal letter you receive.  You are asked
to enter that, plus your name and address details.  Remember to check the
box that says "registered blind", and on the next page you'll see the cost
of your licence to reflect this, £63.25.  Next page is credit or debit card
details, and the following page is a confirmation page.  You are e-mailed a
reference number which you should keep until your licence arrives, they say
it takes ten days to arrive...

I should point out that you can only do this if you are an existing
concessionary licence holder, for new applications you must go to the post
office or do it by post, as you'll need to present your certificate in this
instance.

The URL for TV licensing is:
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/index.jsp

Just thought some of you might find this info useful.

Regards,

Tracy.