[access-uk] Re: Problem with system

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 21:23:20 +0100

Hi Mandy,

Barry's suggestion is one way of resolving the issue, but the problem is, I
understand, when someone installs Google Chrome and then uninstalls it.
Google Chrome leaves behind a legacy which is not removed when the program
is uninstalled. If you follow Barry's suggested route and it doesn't seem to
work, try:

1. Install Google Chrome again and make it the default browser;
2. While Google Chrome is installed, open Internet Explorer and it should
ask you if you want to make IE your default. Say yes to this and then close
IE;
3. Uninstall Google Chrome and then reboot.

Hopefully this will amend the registry entries that were not removed when
Google Chrome was installed and then uninstalled the first time. This is
also a known issue with Firefox.

John.