[access-uk] Re: Problem with CDEX

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:29:26 +0100

Hi Donna,

I simply said yes to use native and it works fine from then onwards.

On a related note, does anyone know if you can get CDEX to work from the
Gracenote CDDB database?  The Freecddb database that it works from is not
nearly as good, and I have other problems when ripping CDs with Windows
media player, like the quality of the MP3's is not as good, even if you set
the sampling rate to the same.  The MP3 encoder on Media Player is junk, so
I want to use CDEX, but I don't know the name of the Gracenote server, so I
can add it.  If anyone knows, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for any help.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,