[access-uk] Problem With www.whitestick.co.uk Workaround

  • From: Caroline Ford <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:25:29 +0100

Hello,

I thought I would send an update about the ongoing problem accessing
www.whitestick.co.uk on one PC which we have been experiencing for
several days.

The problem was that the site appears on the screen, but Jaws would not
start reading it as there was still 1 item downloading, so Jaws did not
believe the page was fully loaded.

We tried amending every setting we could think of to no effect, but have
eventually found a workaround, although it is not an ideal solution.

If we unload Jaws, then go to the web site and then load Jaws again, for
some reason Jaws is happy to read the page, even though it is still not
fully loaded.  I don't know why this should make a difference, but at
least we are able to access the site on this particular PC, which was not
previously the case.

Regards,

Caroline.