[access-uk] Re: Personal Induction Loop

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:57:58 +0100

Hi Keith,
The RNID do (or at least DID) such a thing.  We
used to get them for much the same purpose.

George.

Keith Rothwell
> Sent: 05 July 2004 15:47
> To: Access-UK Mailing List
> Subject: [access-uk] Personal Induction Loop

> Hi Listers
>
> I have started again to use my "Road Runner" to
hold in Text
> Format the Agenda Papers for Meetings which I
attend.
> Unfortunately, the Folding Headphones are a
little
> conspicuous and occassionally if I put one of
the Earpieces a
> little too close to my Hearing Aid the resulting
'Howl' is
> even more noticeable!
>
> Is anyone aware of the availability of a
'Personal Induction
> Loop' which I might use? What I am looking for
is a Loop
> which I can put around my Neck, under my Collar
and Tie,
> which I can plug into the 3.5mm Stereo Jack of
the Road
> Runner and then listen to the Output of the Road
Runner by
> switching to the Induction Loop Setting of my
Hearing Aid.

> Any help appreciated - otherwise, I'll have to
speak to my
> Fellow Bury Radio Society Members and 'persuade'
one of them
> to construct something for me.
>
> Best Wishes
>
> Bi from Keith Rothwell
>
> --
>
> KEITH ROTHWELL
>
> Bury, Lancashire, United Kingdom
>
> keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> www.g8eap.demon.co.uk for Personal Site
> or www.polonius.plus.com for Polonius Solutions
>
> BLIND PERSON - NO GRAPHICS PLEASE - PLAIN TEXT
ONLY PLEASE

> ** Going on holiday and want to halt messages?
Send a message to:-
> ** vacation ## d
> ** where ## is the number of days followed by d
for days.
> ** For other things like digest mode, send a
message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
Subject:- faq

-- Type: application/ms-tnef