[access-uk] Penfriend, was Re: smart talk freeview box

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:05:00 +0100

Hi all.
I hope to get a penfriend as well. I am changing the subject line to reflect the message.

From Chris H in Derbyshire
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Please visit my blog at http://chrishallsworth.klangoblog.net.
If you need any computer help, please contact me. Thank you.

On 12/10/2010 21:55, john coley wrote:
Hi everybody, I got a Smart View box yesterday. I'm pretty impressed
with it. Ok, it's basic, slow to speak channel selections, but given the
extra it's got to do it's pretty good. It'd be good if they worked on
the speech a bit though. Some programme titles require serious
interpretation.
I notice there isn't an update software setting on it, just a setting to
update channels. If they do produce updated firmware for it how would it
be loaded?
Another thing conspicuous by its absence is an audio menu. On a standard
box there is, so why not this one? I appreciate it isn't a top of the
line box, but given who the box is aimed at it should have one.
Having said that I'm pleased I bought it.
I also bought a penfriend, but I haven't investigated it yet.
John.