[access-uk] Re: PROBLEM WITH SYSTEM TRAY

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:06:16 +0000

Hi, your system tray icons could be hidden. From either the start button or the taskbar, press alt enter to open the taskbar and start menu properties dialogue box and focus on the first check box. Tab until you hear, "hide inactive icons check box checked", and press space to uncheck it. Finally, press enter to accept the default button, ok. Hope that helps.

doreen yale wrote:
Hi everybody:
I'm new to this list so if this topic has been discussed in the past please
accept my apologies.
I am using JAWS 7 and Windows XP.  When I activate the system tray my computer
tells me that there are no items there, although I know there should be -
volume and JAWS to give just two examples.  Any idea how I restock the system
tray as it were.  Yesterday there were definitely a number of items there and
now I can find none.  Your help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
DOREEN YALE.
Tyne and Wear.