[access-uk] Re: PDF Files

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:54:13 +0100

Hi George
Thanks for replying.

I don't think I'm on 7.1 so I'll check that.

The file I am trying to deal with is a manual taken from disk onto my
Harddrive, then loaded in. Just about on every file when I try to change pages
sometimes it hangs or comes up with an error. At other times it goes to the
page required in the page selection window, at least it says it does, but it
still shows the originally chosen page. Also it seems to work in sections -
once it gets to the end of a section it will not let you access further pages
even if called  by the page selection window.

I've tried changing the setting to access the whole document at once, but this
takes quite a while to get started  and can sometimes hang.

I certainly found version 4 a bit more stable and I think I could also convert
to text in it (I think) I would not wish to go back the way but are there any
internal settings for version 7 which would make it easier to deal with. One
major benefit wooed be if we could read more than a page at once, with one page
running into another.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Gordon