[access-uk] Re: OT windows updates/microsoft.net framework

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:16:59 +0100

Hi George,

Thanks for your help so far and appologies for the late reply as I have been
quite busy.

I have first reregistered windows installer as instructed in the article. Since
I have done this, when I launch the dotnet framework setup file I get the
following message:
"Windows Installer
The feature you are trying to use is on a  OKnetwork resource that is
unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a
folder containing the installation package
'NDP20-KB917283-X86.msp' in the box below.
Use source:
C:\DOCUME~1\Vanja\LOCALS~1\Temp\ZNW1".

The other source that it offers is:
"NET Framework 2.0 Security Update (KB917283)", when I click on that it comes
up with the same message. I could click brouze, but I don't know where I could
locate what it's looking for.

I also tried to repare dot net framework via command line, which also didn't
resolve this problem.

This article also suggest the following:
"1. Click Start, click Run, type installer in the Open box, and then click OK.
      2. On the View menu in Windows Installer, click Details, right-click the
Name column header, and then click Comment.
      3. Right-click the cached Windows Installer file that has the Microsoft
.NET Framework 2.0 RTL x86 enu comment, and then click Repair."
      I have done everything up to the step where I need to right click on this
cached file. I've tried to look for anything that mentions dot net framework,
but I simply can't locate it therefore can't right click on it. Either the file
itself is missing or I can't find it.

      Even in the last part of the article where it suggests manually removing
the dot net framework nothing can be done before this file with in windows
installer is located. Either I am not sure how to locate it or it simply is not
there. So, I'm still stuck and obviously this windows update will not install.
Before anyone suggests it I really would not like to go through the hussle of
reformating just because of this, so George or anyone if you have any other
suggestions how to fix this I'd definitely apreciate it.

Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx