[access-uk] News Desktop

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 17:36:39 -0000

Hey folks.

I'm looking at getting a Desktop for the house.  I'm buying from PC World
because I couldn't build a machine of some of their specs for the price.  I
generally don't buy components from them but they're PCs are at quite a nice
price for what you're getting.

Plus for me if something did go wrong in the warranty period I can take a 5
minute taxi to drop it in the store.  I bought a machine 2 and a bit years ago
from an online store

http://www.cube247.co.uk

Pain in the bum, components kept failing and each time I had to wait up to a
month to get the machine back from England.  having paid for carriage to the
company in the first place.

Anyho, I've been looking at the Packard Bell Iextreme 9610.

I'll be using this machine for server related tasks and installing Win 7 when
it's out of Beta.  I will probably throw another 4gig into it when I put Win 7
on it.

Anyone know of a better spec machine from PC World for the same or similar
price?

Here's a link to view the machines spec and I'll be buying it without the
monitor or added extra software.

http://tinyurl.com/dgygbb
Thanks

Barry

Tell me and I will hear, show me and I will see,
involve me and I will understand.

Chinese Proverb