[access-uk] Networking Question

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 03:04:41 +0000

Hi all,
If I connect directly to my modem or router using a network cable, I always get
my full, 20 mbit downspeed connection. However, via wireless the best speeds
are around 3 mbit. I know wireless is slower, but this seems kind of
ridiculous. Anyway, my main question is: I've heard about home plugs, the
things that let you use your standard wall sockets as network connection
points. Apparently these can go up to 200 MBps connection speed. Has anyone
tried these, and what was your experience with them, as I'm fed up of having a
second-rate internet connection and not getting what I pay for. I can't spread
network cables all around the house, so the home plugs seem a good option for
me.

--Check out my radio and TeamTalk server! http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes

E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
AIM: JamesScholes000
Skype: james.scholes
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jamesscholes
Find me on Facebook! Username: jamesscholes
Link to Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1375965156&hiq=jamesscholes
Last.FM Profile: http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000
Message sent at 03:01:17 AM GMT on Thursday, January 01, 2009