[access-uk] NC10 - Some Queries

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:07:41 -0000

I am using Supernova 10.  The keyboard in Microsoft Word 2003 is set to key
echo but it does not echo.  This might be because I type so quickly.  I thought
then I would change to key echo words or something like that but I did not find
the option under Keyboard.  Is it under some other option.

I wanted to increase the volume for listening to the radio, not for my screen
reader which is no problem.  Someone kindly told me to try Function key and
right and left arrows.  I can certainly reduce the volume in this manner but
can only get it to a certain level when I try to increase it.  This level is
fine if I sit at the NC10 and listen but I would have liked to make it louder
in case I wanted to move around the room.  I have tried visually also moving
the volume slider on the iPlayer but it makes no difference whether it is at 4
or 11!!!

Finally there are the microphone settings (line-in) which I want to uncheck.
Jackie told us how this could be done on her NC10 but I cannot replicate that
and even spoke directly to Jackie who listened as I tried and there was no
setting there in the Volume Control.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Eleanor