[access-uk] Mixer Question

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pc-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxx, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:27:30 +0000

Hi all,
I have a Bharinger 5 channel mixer, and I would like to connect some external
sources to it like a stereo system, and my laptop. I have all required cables,
and 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapters for them. However, each channel has 2 inputs. If I
connect the cable from say, the laptop to one of the inputs, the output is very
quiet and unclear, and only plays in 1 stereo channel, the left or the right.
This is with the input volume turned up, and the volume of the laptop also
turned up. The same thing happens if I connect the laptop or stereo to the
other input on the channel. So, in short, if I connect an external source to my
mixer, it only plays in the left or right, and is very quiet and unclear. Do I
need to buy a certain type of cable with 2 connecters on the end? Or do I just
need to buy a mixer that doesn't suck?
--Check out my radio and TeamTalk server! http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes

E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
AIM: JamesScholes000
Skype: james.scholes
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jamesscholes
Find me on Facebook! Username: jamesscholes
Link to Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1375965156&hiq=jamesscholes
Last.FM Profile: http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000
Message sent at 02:18:40 PM GMT on Tuesday, December 23, 2008