[access-uk] Milestone 311 digital recorder and MP3 player

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:04:14 -0000

Hello listers,

I read in the RNIB's February Technology Update that they will soon be selling the Milestone 311 digital recorder and MP3 player. For those of you who don't receive this update, here is the info.

The Milestone 311 is a portable digital voice recorder and MP3 player, the size of a credit card. It can record up to 2 hours of voice notes using the internal memory, or up to 140 hours using an external memory card. You can organise your notes into five folders and label them with voice tags. In addition, you can record from an external stereo source or a microphone in hi-fi stereo quality. The Milestone 311 can connect to your computer to enable the transfer of audio files or books for listening on the move using the integrated MP3 player which is fully self-voicing. An upgrade will be available later this year for customers wishing to play DAISY books.

Dimensions: 85 times 54 times 14 mm (3.35 times 2.13 times 0.55 inches)

Weight 49 grams (1.7 ounces)

Price:  £180 excluding VAT

I did a search on the web for more information and according to a review on the Blind Accessworld podcast this device has some limitations compared to other products such as the bookport. If anyone has either heard or read about this device I would be interested to hear their comments.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett