[access-uk] Mike Moore - Re Talking Tape Measure

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:19:36 +0100

Hi Mike

There is an alternative to the Cobolt talking tape. If you Google for Vox
talking tape measure you will find it.

I bought one a couple of years ago and it's still working accurately as I use
it in my woodworking workshop. It resembles one made by bosch which used to
have an LCD display . Best thing is that it does not speak continuously, only
when you press the buttons to speak with or without the case. Also it only
requires a single AA battery.

I don't know how much they cost now, but I bought mine for about £55.

Hope that helps

Darren.