[access-uk] Re: Kindle Advice

  • From: "jeff flint" <jeffflint15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 23:01:15 +0100

Thank you Ed, very helpful.
Jeff

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Edward Green
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:15 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: Kindle Advice

  Hi Jeff,

  I'm assuming you've downloaded the accessible version of Kindle for PC and
you're asking about the hardware Kindle.

  You'll need to make sure you get the Kindle Keyboard if you want speech.
Some of the functions of the Kindle Keyboard are accessible, such as reading
books and navigating the menus.  You have greater functionality in terms of
navigating within a book with the accessible version of Kindle for PC than you
do with the Kindle Keyboard, but if this isn't an issue, then you might want to
give it a try.

  If you decide to go ahead, I'd recommend buying the Kindle Keyboard from
Amazon as it will come pre-registered to your Amazon account.  The Kindle will
not talk out of the box, but if someone is talking you through it or you listen
to one of the podcasts available, you may not need sighted assistance to get it
talking.

  Overall, I would say that the accessible version of Kindle for PC is more
accessible than the Kindle Keyboard.

  Ed

  Ed