[access-uk] Re: Kaaza not like it was

  • From: "Yvonne Stewart" <yvonne.stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:03:46 +0100

Hi Rob
I'm going to repeat myself here.  When I finish work, unless I decide
to completely give up on the tech, I hope to cope with music, even if it
has to be on a limited basis, and I think the law should support
accessibility for blind people.  Perhaps we should give our MP's some
ear- and headaches.  When I hear of the magic that's available to the
sighted population, when listening to QVC, I feel we're being left well
behind.  Ok, to a point, that's our tough luck, but I just don't feel
the government is making any attempt to support us.  Trying to get
Braille these days is hard work.  Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression
I'm getting is that the more advanced the software gets, the less
accessible it is even for existing programs.  Anyway, I'm going home now
and leaving the technology behind for another day.

Sorry, moaning again.

Yvonne and Libby.

>>> rinty@xxxxxxxxxx 25/05/04 13:46:07 >>>
To be honest, with the exception of audio books, they're none of them
worth it.  None of them work that well with screen-readers, the
download speeds aren't great, and the quality of the files isn't
always good.  I'd set one up just for blind people, but it's illegal,
and I'd never break the law!.
Rob