[access-uk] Ipod & rockbox

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 23:50:53 -0000

Hi All,

Sorry if this is old ground again.  I've just bought an Ipod Classic 80 GB for
my son for Xmas.  I wanted to put rockbox on it to try it out as I quite fancy
one myself.  I understand though that if I put rock box onto it, I can't revert
back to the old setup afterwards as obviously my son won't want the speech.  Is
this correct, or is there a way to put the player back to factory defaults?
Also, with the rockbox installed, will it then work like a secondary drive and
show up in my computer.  And, presumeably, would I then be able to use normal
cut and paste rather than itunes?

Cheers.

Steve