[access-uk] Re: In Reply To: Wireless Routers and Connecting to the Internet

  • From: "ELEANOR BURKE" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:55:23 +0100

yes a very good point Shane because on my Hp laptop it is so easy to accidentally touch that touch strip and turn it off. I presume also that she has put in the key.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Harris" <wighttiger12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Darran Ross - Email Address: darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 10/06/2009 22:39
Sent To: Access-UK - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi List.

This is a question on behalf of my sister who's having connection
difficulties with her new wireless laptop setup. so you'll have to excuse me
if my description of the problem is a bit patchy.

The router is all set up, and the laptop and it seem to be wirelessly
linked, but when she tries to connect to the internet nothing happens. Its
as if the router isn't allowing for any outgoing connections.

Now, as I say, I don't use wireless at all, so if I'm making no sense here
in what I'm trying to describe, please excuse me!

From what I can gather, the only directions my sister has so far found to
resolve the problem all relate to folks using XP, and she's using Vista.

So, we'd appreciate any help from listers who may know what's going on, and
of course, how to fix it.

Many thanks.

Darran

Nj.²?zSvz¢Â-T¶qºªµz¶,?¹®!Szz¶±j±¶qºªµz¶?Sy?-·ºn?¢.S¢?¹²jzyr¶s?--SSj¡z'¹~-²²