[access-uk] Re: I want a new ISP

  • From: lsmithso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 14:56:01 +0100

Lured by speed, I plumped for Virgin. If they're no good I can always
dump them.

Steve Nutt writes:

Hi,

Yes, that is possible. What you can't do with their crappy routers is
change the DNS servers they address. Since I run my own DNS server as well,
that would be a no-no.

Plusnet let you do all that and run your own router, and even help you
support it.

I would take a serious look at Plusnet, if you have Fibre in your area. A
little slower, but more reliable than Virgin.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services