[access-uk] Re: How to do the tiny URL trick please

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:01:17 -0000

Amro, this is intentionally an HTML message, necessary to
answer your question.  It probably won?t work if changed to
text.

Outlooks Hyperlinking doesn?t automatically shorten a URL,
although it can be used to do this with some skill.

TML message

When you choose to insert a hyperlink into an Outlook
Document, you are presented with a number of choices.  For
example, I have inserted a bookmark into this message called
?RaysAddress? at a place further down this message.  (You?ll
find Bookmark in the Inset menu)

In the next paragraph, I have highlighted the words ?click
here?, gone to Insert Hyperlink, selected ?Place in this
document? and then selected the Bookmark I have just
created.  All being well, if you now click on the newly
created hyperlink below, you will jump to the bookmarked
place in this message.

If you want to see Ray?s address ?HYPERLINK \l
"RayAddress"click here?.

Hyperlinking can be an incredibly useful feature in many
documents, particularly for anyone doing a large thesis. And
needn?t stop at jumping to bookmarks, they can even be
pointed a files on your system and/or network.  And of
course there is the more traditional Internet hyperlink.

George.

Date: 21/03/2007 07:52

Date: 21/03/2007 07:52