[access-uk] Home dialysis

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:51:42 +0100

Hello all,

A blind friend of mine has been told she's going to need dialysis on a long
term basis.  They're saying that she'll need to go to hospital 3 days a week
for it.  Because there are no places left in her local hospital she'll have
to travel quite a long way for the next one that does it.

I've heard about people doing home dialysis, and am trying to find out what
it's like to do this if one is blind.  I think if she had information about
how other blind people manage, what the process is etc, she might want to do
home dialysis.

So does anyone here do home dialysis or know anyone who does?  If so, please
can you tell me about your experiences?  (Privately if you wish).  It'd be
really helpful if anyone can talk about this.

Thank you,
Catherine