[access-uk] Holux

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:42:50 -0000

Hello! I've just got my rather delicious looking Holux GPSlim 240 GPS
gizmo. It looks like a USB pen drive it's so small.=20

To begin with I intend to check out the Landmarks program built into my
Nokia phone.=20

I wonder if someone could advise. I've plugged the USB cable into the
device and the other end into my PC. I'm getting a message saying that
the USB device has malfunctioned. Has anyone else had this? I'm simply
trying to charge it. It doesn't give me annoying error popup messages
when I turn the device off with the slider switch on its side. I've not
installed the disk yet, could this be the issue? And could it be that it
isn't charging yet if the disk hasn't been run on the machine? Or does
the electrics come through even if not installed?=20

And do I have to go through a complicated method by which I pair the
Holux with the phone? Or will my GPS software, as it appears to, just
pick it up and start using it immediately? Do I need to install it with
my phone from a disk?=20

=2E..Damon=20

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain persona=
l views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in relian=
ce on it and notify the sender immediately.
                                =09