[access-uk] Re: Googlemail.

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:51:30 +0100

Sue, As I understand it, all you need is an internet connection.   Google mail
has its own
SMTP server and this is used even if you wish to send mail via an e-mail client
rather than
from the web interface.   But if you are using an e-mail client, do take care
to configure it
correctly - it uses the more secure SSL ssystem.

Hope that helps, but apologies if I have misunderstood your query,

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison