[access-uk] Re: GOOGLEMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE TO GMAIL!

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:06:01 +0100

Well, as I'm sure you already know, you've always been able to give
@gmail.com as your email address and it would arrive OK.
But if you want your outgoing address to be @gmail, this help page
gives more info:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=159001
It says:

If you're in the UK and would like to change your @googlemail.com
address to @gmail.com, just click "switch to @gmail.com" in the
"Accounts" tab under Gmail Settings (this link will only show up if
you're eligible to change your address). Change your address now.

It links to https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/accounts

Hope this helps.