[access-uk] Re: Fw: Hide/Encrypt Drives?

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:12:13 -0000

Yeah, Barry, scary how powerful this prog is! Good question, I skimmed
through the manual but couldn't come up with an answer. I've come across
this warning about when creating an encrypted device though.

"Warning: When encrypting entire hard drive partition/device, i.e.,
formatting it as a TrueCrypt
volume, all data stored on the partition/device will be lost!"

I'd ask the developers themselves cause what you're asking is a good
question, and as well, if you indeed can permanently decrypt a device as it
were, would you lose the data that is stored on that device? I'll try to
investigate further, but if you find an answer I'd appreciate it if you drop
us a line with your findings.

Cheers,
Amro