[access-uk] Re: Free or low cost accesible OCR software

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:42:50 -0400

No more Document imaging in Office 2k10 unfortuatnely.

Didn't your scanner come wiht some ocr program? Most of them do, something like Omnipage Lite or Finereader Sprint.

If you are in Europe, you may find an older version of Finereader or Omnipage at a much reduced price. For example, Finereader 10 professional sells for about 30 Euros; the current version is FR10.

hth

Doris

At 12:58 PM 6/6/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

I used to use a combination of Microsoft Office Document Scanning and Document Imaging when I needed to scan printed material. However, I understand that these utilities aren't included in Office 2010.

Can anyone therefore recommend an accessible, preferably free OCR solution that's easy to use? Alternatively, if it is still possible to access MS Office Document Scanning/Imagingn in Office 2010, how do I do it?

Thanks,

Ed