[access-uk] Re: Free off-peak national bus travel?

  • From: "TONY CRETNEY" <rac@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:57:59 -0000

It does seem to imply that the travel passes are only going to be used during off peak periods of the day.

On the Isle of Man, where I live we have had bus passes, which will also work on the trains or electric trams in areas where they run, and these are available at any time of day at all. However, foray number of years I used mine to travel to work at around 8.15 a.me. and have fallen fawn of at least one bus driver who said that he would not accept this pass at that particular time. He argue me out that the pass was not usable at that early hour. I had to pay my bus fair and get a refund later. As nearly all of the other passes issued were only available between 9.30 and 4.30 each day I suppose there might have been some excuse for his confusion.

Tony

----- Original Message ----- From: "Spring Flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>