[access-uk] Re: Free OCR

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 06:35:08 +0100

Hi Robert.

I never even knew there was a free version available. The only version that was Free per say was Fine Reader Sprint, which comes with scanners and all in one devices usually as part of their software bundle.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Portal
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:17 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Free OCR

Steve, you asked why I don't just carry on using the old paid-for Fine
Reader. I'm afraid it's not very interesting. I've just changed from an old
computer which I received with Version 5 (I think) of Fine Reader already
installed on it. I cannot now find the CD and doubt whether it would work on
Windows 7 anyway (my current operating system).

I must admit I have not found it easy to find the free version without
having to install bloat-ware with it.

Best wishes

Robert