[access-uk] Firewall recommendations

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:01:54 -0000

Hi everyone,

I've phoned mcefee up and got a refund for the mcefee anti-virus, personal
firewall etc as, I couldn't get on with the whole security package.  It wasn't
entirely accessible and zoomtext would play up a bit when the security centre
kept downloading various updates.

Anyway, I've now got nod32 trial version.  Will likely purchase this.

I just wanted some recommendation of firewalls I could use.

I know most here are jaws and Win-eyes users.  However, any firewall that's
fully accessible to screen readers will likely have a more basic, less graphic
style user interface.  This will be much more accessible to me and zt's screen
reader will likely respond better to such an application.

So, can anyone recommend a fully accessible firewall?  I don't mind trying out
as many as possible (one at a time of course) until I find the right one for me.

Any firewall suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Justin