[access-uk] Re: Firewall for windows 7

  • From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 07:55:22 -0000

Hi,
I use the free version of Zone Alarm on both my Win7 desktop and laptop and find it absolutely fine. I can't remember the direct link but, if you go to the Zone Alarm site I recollect that it is fairly easy to find it from there.
Regards,
Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:22 PM
To: c
Subject: [access-uk] Firewall for windows 7

Hi folks

Firstly I'd like to give thanks   for those of you who responded
regarding the classic view for windows 7, I think I'll bite the
bullet and run with the default views at the moment.

I'd like to ask about whether I need to install a firewall for win7
or whether the firewall built into it is adequate, I know there were
holes in the XP firewall but have not heard anything re the one in
win7. So if I need one can anyone suggest one, a freeby would be nice
but I don't mind jpurchasing if it is going to be more secure.

Any links to sites, suggestions etc. much appreciated.

Martin