[access-uk] Re: FILE ATTACHMENTS in THUNDERBIRD

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:14:58 +0100

Thanks so much, pool. It didn't occur to me to look in another menu from that
which I expected to find it! :-)

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 22 Apr 2014, at 05:58 pm, Paul Warner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carol,

The attachments command used to be in the File menu but it has now moved to the
Message menu.  The process is very simple.

1.  Open the Message menu.
2.  Select Attachments: a submenu appears listing the names of any attachments.
3.  Select the attachment you want to save: a submenu appears where you can
choose to open or save the file.
4.  Select Save As from that submenu and the usual Save As dialogue will be
displayed allowing you to rename the file if you wish and to choose the
destination folder.

When you receive a message with more than one attachment, in addition to
listing the names of each attachment, the first submenu will also let you save
all attachments at once to a specified folder.

Hope this helps.

Paul