[access-uk] Epson printer ink issue

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:23:22 +0100

Hi all -

I have an Epson Stylus dx7400 scanner printer. I need to replace the blakc ink
cartridge, and am having a problem accessing the actual cartridge.

When I turn the machine on, the print head move from the right hand side across
to the left and back again; I need it to be in the middle in order to be able
to lift the top of it up, to get to the 4 ink cartridges. According to the
manual, after pressing the power on button, I need to then hit the stop button,
but this doesn't move the ink housing from the right hand side, where it rest
partially under the printer outer case, and is inaccessible.

Anybody using or familiar with this kind of printer, that can tell me how I can
get the ink housing to stop in the centre, so I can lift up it's top, and
replace a cartridge pleas?

Thanks -

Andy