[access-uk] Electronic Reading

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws UK" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:55:24 +0100

Hi
Can anone let me know the current state of electronic reading for the blind?
More specifically I'm looking for information as to the usefulness of Adobe
Reader, Microsoft Reader andany other text readers. I would also like to know
about mp3 downloads of books which could be read on my phone (a Nokia 9500).

For instance if I see a book which I can purchase and download which format is
safest (in the sense that a Reader program will read it)? Will all MP3 files be
OK or do any of them need doctoring before being put on my phone?

Thanks for any help.

Gordon McFarlane
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.