[access-uk] Echo Dot - Stopping Playback

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:25:27 +0000

This morning I was embarrassingly reduce to pulling out the power cord to stop BBC news playing when someone visited.

I have tgried changing the wake word from Alexa to Echo but this has not improved matters.

I have also experimented with varying the pause between saying the wake word and issuing

the the stop or pause command.

Listerning to other Podcasts on the Echo this appears to be a problem I share with others. Even Podcasts demonstrating the Echo reveal increasingly loud and frantic shouts of Alexa or Echo followed by stop being ignored. How can I stop the device ploughing on playing content?

Is there a way of using the buttons on the device to stop/pause playback? Has anybody come up with strategies for improving responsiveness??

David Griffith

David griffith

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq