[access-uk] Re: E-Sword 9.7.2 Accessibility Desaster

  • From: Peter Bentley <bentleypdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:22:15 +0100

On 18/10/2010 14:34, Doris and Chris wrote:
After hearing people's praises of E-Sword 9.7.x, I finally took the plunge and upgraded from my e-sword 8.06 to the current 9.7.2.

I got all my modules converted without a gliche but hwen I ran the program, I found that it's accessibility had gotten a lot worse in 9.7.2 compared to 8.06.

I did not get very far at all. I found that my screenreader - jaws for windows - would not speak the names of the tabs as I arrowed across them to select the version I wanted. this had worked fine in 8.06. also, I did not find where to switch the tab layout from multiple to single row as thelayout dialog was gone.

is any totally blind user on here and has gotten e-sword 9.7x to work with their screeneader?I'd be intersted in any recommendations for setup of e-sowrd.If there are anyjaws users successfully using version 9.7.2,I'd appreciate it if you could email me a copy of your esword.jcf file.I tried reclassing the tab controls and a couple other controls but this di dnot help with the reading of the Bbible tabs .

I use e-sword with multiple Bible translations in order to be able to compare them.

any help is much appreciated as would be Mr. rick Meyer's finally giving more consideration and support to accessibility.

Thanks much and god Bless,

doris

Doris

I use E-sword as my secondary study tool but the Online Bible for most things including comparing versions and commentaries etc.

I have not been able to solve the E-sword problems that you mentioned. However the same tasks can be achieved easily in the OnlineBible. I will not bore the list with the Online's minor limitations but the two programs used in combination serve my purposes .

Another consideration is that the Online's resources greatly exceed those of E-Sword.

Peter Bentley