[access-uk] Re: Disabling Touch Pad

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:16:05 -0000

Hi Douglas,

I've looked at the manual, but while the touch pad is
mentioned, it doesn't say how to disable it.

However, I also have a Toshiba Satellite, albeit an
S2450-110, and this is done via Mouse in Control Panel.  In
the Mouse Properties dialog, there is a tab labelled
"TouchPAD ON/OFF" which simply has two radio buttons -
Enable and Disable - plus an OK, Cancel, Apply and Help
button.

There is also a "Device Settings" tab which lists my
"Synaptics TouchPad V5.9", and that has a disable button.

However, if you have by any chance re-formatted your
Toshiba, and NOT used the recovery disks together with
Toshiba's utilities, you may well find these items are
missing.

You can download the "TouchPad ON/OFF" utility from their
web site, but you will need to know if it's the PSAC0 or
PSAC1 version of the A120-186 which you have.

George.