[access-uk] Re: Connecting multiple USB devices

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:07:59 +0100

Hi Adrian,

There are USB hubs which can be shared from 2 computers, and
you will find some listed here.

http://www.usbmax.com/Category_USB_Sharing.cfm=20

What I can't comment on though is the accessibility factor.
Belkin to something similar, but it relies on pushing a
button to select a PC, which is turn displays an indicator
light.

USB to Parallel converters are also available from a variety
of places on the Internet.

George.

higginbotham
> Sent: 26 October 2004 12:56
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Connecting multiple USB devices
>=20
> Not strictly an accessibility question but hope someone
may=20
> be able to help anyway:
>=20
> I Have more USB devices than USB ports, pressumably I need
an=20
> USB hub to resolve this?
>=20
> I would like to be able to use some devices from more than

> one machine - although the machines are networked I would=20
> prefer not to always have to switch on which ever a device

> happens to be connected to in order to be able to use it.
> Are there any hubs which can be connected to my router so=20
> that all devices become independantly accessible via the
network?
>=20
> And finally - I have one printer which only has a parallel

> connection, is there such thing as a parallel to usb or=20
> ethernet converter which would allow me to put this
printer=20
> on to the network either via the hub as described above or

> directly via a free port on the router.
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Adrian Higginbotham
> Accessibility and inclusion adviser
> British Educational Communications and Technology Agency -
BECTA
> Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
> Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
> BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ

>=20

using=20
> jaws cursor to start a new message I can't suss out how to

> get in to the message body either, entering in to what I=20
> thought was the right area infact appears always to take
me=20
> in to the subject field. Can't change the selection in the

> layout view to see if any of theother layouts are any
better=20
> and it seems not to want me to log in using the basic=20
> interface, only the advanced ie6 option. Choosing basic=20
> always results in a short delay and being returned to the=20
> log-in screen.
>=20
> Adrian Higginbotham
> Accessibility and inclusion adviser
> British Educational Communications and Technology Agency -
BECTA
> Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
> Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
> BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ

>=20
it=20
> which prevents them from appearing automatically.
>=20
> Cheers now.
>=20
> Ian
>=20
Snelgrove
> Sent: 26 October 2004 10:40
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Pop Ups=3D20
>=20
>=20
> Sharon,
> There's also a program on the jfwlite called ad shield,
I'm=20
> not sure of its=3D20 effectiveness though. You need to go
to:
>=20
> www.jfwlite.com
>=20
> Click on programs and you'll find it there.
>=20
> Cheers.
>=20
> Adrian
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=3D20
to time.

> > I need something that will not interfere with Jaws.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Sharon
> >
> > ** To leave the list, send a message to:-
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq =3D20
>=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a=20
> message, to=3D20
>=20
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland
>=20
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may
contain
> personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless
specifically
> stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your
> system.=3D20 Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor
> act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note
> that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.=3D20 Further

> communication
> will signify your consent to this.
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to=20
>=20

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.