[access-uk] Chess.FM now available through Sonata

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:26:49 +0100

Hello all,

The station, Chess.FM, which is part of the Internet Chess Club (ICC), is now
available through the Sonata.

Quite literally, at this second, there is a streaming of the second round of
the Candidates knock-out matches, being played in Russia. Streaming begins a
few minutes before 12.00 for those living in UK. Depending on how long the
games last, commentary could continue for up to 7 hours.

Unfortunately, not all the moves are announced, so it is not possible to have
the precise position of the game on your board by just listening to the
streaming. The commentary will also switch from game to game, as the afternoon
proceeds.

With the Sonata streaming the commentary, one can listen there, and go in
search on your computer, for a site giving the moves of the live game in a
text-format. I find it difficult to set volume output levels for streaming, and
listening to a screen-reader on another site, since streaming and
screen-reading come from the same speakers. I have not yet found a site giving
live reporting of the moves in text, so if anyone has found one, please let me
know.

I have yet to find out if all streaming on Chess.FM will be available, I think
some of the streaming is for members of ICC only, however, the Candidates being
played is streaming now.

Paul Benson.N?^j÷­?éb²×%?É(?Ø^?i?v&­z\?¢YhÂ)à?)ä?¨¥¶??që,ºJު笵úÞzX¬¶Ê+?Ë??ç-