[access-uk] Re: Can I trick iTunes?

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian228@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 10:09:19 +0100

Hi Darren,

I don’t think you need to change the file extension. Instead, select the file and press the Applications key. Choose “Get Info” and you should have a dialogue with several tabs that will allow you to change the properties for the track.

For example, you can tell iTunes to treat a piece of music as an audio book so that it remembers its position within the track when played. Hopefully, you’ll find a setting that works for your films.

BTW: I last did the above using iTunes 10.something, but imagine the same will be possible in iTunes 11.

Regards.

Ian

-----Original Message----- From: Darran Ross
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 10:02 PM
To: Access-UK
Subject: [access-uk] Can I trick iTunes?

Hi List.

I've got hundreds of movie audio files in MP3 that iTunes is obviously treating as music and dumping them into the Music folder.

So my question is, can I do any kind of jiggery-pokery with the file extension to make iTunes think its a movie and therefore place these files in the Films folder?

Darran