[access-uk] Re: CV writing.

  • From: Mark Faben <mark.faben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:40:22 +0100

Hi Sue,

An important thing to remember about CVs is that you can't have a one
size fits all CV; You will talor your 'basic' CV to each specific job
you may be applying for.
Of course, some parts remain the same and I think to a certain extent
the basic layout needs to be fairly standard as anyone looking at it
qwill quickly know where they've got to look to find a specific bit of
information. However, parts should be ttweeked for the given job the
CV is being sent off for, personally I have about four copies at any
one time, and update each as I have something new to go on it, then
depending on what job I'm applying for I pick the 'closest' CV and
make a few adjustments before doing the obvious double-checking for
grammer and spelling.

It is also quite useful if when you've got your basic generic CV to
have a friend, especially if its someone who's been involved in
recruitment where they've worked, to have a look at it.

Mark

--
Mark Faben

Web: http://www.accessibilitytester.com