[access-uk] Re: CHANGING NAME OF WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 18:31:43 +0100

hi carol.

ok i'll give you a call let me know off list when's convenient and we'll go through them.

cheers,

Mo.

On 24/05/2014 17:43, carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Mo. I got it OK but am struggling a bit with permissions.

Not expecting anyone to jump and help until after the Bank Holiday! [Smiley]

Carol P

From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Saturday, 24 May 2014 2.42 pm

0was
0was hi carol.
0was
0was no you shouldn't need to tell the home group that the computer name's
changed. press windows R to go to run. type in:
0was sysdm$cpl
0was
0was and press enter. system properties will be displayed. tab to change. fill
in your new info and click ok then ok to apply changes. you may be prompted
for a reboot. let us know how it goes!
0was Mo.
0was
0was
0was On 24/05/2014 13.57, carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
0was
0was Hi all,
0was
0was Some of you may be interested to know I have recently upgraded my old
laptop, following discussion on list as to what to do with the XP machine,
and am quite happy with its upgrade to Windows 7 Basic.  Though not mega
fast, it's very useable now and working well.
0was
0was Yesterday I managed to add it to my Windows 7 (Premium) Home Group.
However, since that time I've decided I'd really like to change the basic
computer's computer name to something I'll remember.
0was
0was Do I need to tell the Basic edition to leave the Home Group, then change
the computer name and join the group again?
0was
0was Well, this of course assumes I can change the computer name at this stage.
Does anyone know if I can and, if so, where I am able to do this.
0was
0was Thanks for any help in advance.
0was
0was Carol P